|Posted by Robert Lemos on June 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM|
Welcome Parents to the 2011 Season of the Barrington Soccer Club.
We are looking forward to a great fall season. In preparation, the BSC will be holding tryouts for our four teams and offering summer skills clinics, where kids can spend an evening learn specific soccer skills. More information on both programs can be found below.
Feel free to contact myself or other board members with suggestions, comments, and especially offers to volunteer. You can find individual e-mail addresses and responsibilities on our website's "About Us" page.
Executive Director, BSC
We will be holding tryouts for our U9, U10, U11 and U12 travel teams on June 18 and June 26. Kids interested in playing for the BSC travel teams should attend at least one of the two tryout sessions. To get the best gauge of your child's ability, we request that the players attempt to make both days.
There is a $50 fee that will be applied toward the cost of the season, or refunded if your child does not make the team. More information can be found on the Web site, barringtonsoccerclub.org.
Summer Skills Clinics
On four Mondays during the summer, the BSC will host guest coaches to teach clinics focusing on specific skills. Our clinics are scheduled on Monday evenings:
- June 20 - Dribbling and Ball Handling
- July 11 - Passing
- July 25 - Shooting & Goaltending
- August 8 - Game Strategy
The clinics will be held from 6 pm to 7:30 pm, tentatively at the Barrington Middle School Soccer Field. The fee is $10 per clinic, $30 for all four. More information & registration can be found on the Web site, barringtonsoccerclub.org.
We are looking for volunteers to be both coaches and board members. Over the winter, we lost three board members. I'm pleased to announce, however, that Caleb Paterson, a coach for the Seacoast United Soccer Club, has replaced Cathy Berei as our Director of Coach and Player Development. We are currently looking for two other directors -- one to help us with field and referee scheduling and the other to handle communications. If you have some time and want to be a part of our club's planning and execution, please send a note to [email protected]
Our current plan:
- To start practices in mid-August, the week after the Barrington Recreation's summer soccer completes. The season runs until the end of October, with two practices every week and a game every weekend.
- To build four co-ed teams: U9 (7 and 8 year olds), U10 (9 year olds), U11 (10 year olds), and U12 (11 year olds). The fee is set at $150. There will be no attendance deposit this year, as we did not incur any fines last year.
- We are working with the Barrington Rec Department to ensure that both of our programs succeed. Kids will be able to play for both the BSC and the Rec Dept as our schedules do not generally conflict. Kids who do not make a BSC team will be referred to the Rec Dept.