|Posted by Robert Lemos on July 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM|
Thanks to everyone who made tryouts today. The players showed great effort.
We had the following attendance (UPDATED later on Saturday):
- U8 Boys: 3 players attended (we are not planning to run a U8 team)
- U10 Boys: 11 players attended (another 5 signed up)
- U10 Girls: 4 players attended (another 1 signed up)
- U12 Boys: 1 players attended (another 2 signed up)*
- U12 Girls: 1 player attended (another 1 signed up)
*Unfortunately, in reviewing the forms, I discovered that one of the players will be too old to play on the U12 team.
We can use everyone's help in trying to fill out the teams. U10 teams play 6v6, so we look for 8 to 12 players, with an ideal number being 10. The U12 grouping is going to be a challenge. Since the team will play 8v8, we need a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 16, with 12 or 13 being ideal.
So, I would ask parents and prospective players to contact friends in Barrington and surrounding towns who may be interested in playing. Here are our goals:
- U10 Boys: 4+ players, so we can field two teams
- U10 Girls: 4+ players
- U12 Boys: 8+ players
- U12 Girls: 9+ players
The BSC would like to field a team in each age group, but both the boys and girls U12 teams need a significant number of signups. I'm hoping that a lot of players have not registered, but I don't want to leave it to chance. If you know someone who might be interested, please give them our Web site address and ask them to attend the second tryout session.
See you at the Barrington Elementary School on July 18!